Washington DC Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Washington, DC Urban Adventures offers a distinctive brand of sightseeing like none you've previously experienced. Every day, something unique may be happening. In addition to showing you the sites that make Washington, DC special, we'll share stories that make it come alive. As a guest on our all-electric vehicle (weather permitting), you'll have a more personal experience and we'll take you places that you might not ordinarily see. On any given day, there may be a festival, demonstration, street fair or temporary exhibit, which our local, experienced guide will point out - there are always things to do in Washington DC! With an Urban Adventure, you can always expect the unexpected!
from 1 review
From USD 67.00
Hot tip: there’s more to DC than the monuments! See the spots where locals hang…places with names like Navy Yard, Barracks Row, and Eastern Market. Hop into our eCruiser and cover lots of territory on this Washington tour – there’s no cooler way to see DC.more...
Washington DC Unveiled
from 3 reviews
From USD 47.00
Slide into our lean, green e-machine to see DC in a sustainable way. From the Supreme Court to the Smithsonian, this Washington DC tour leaves the over-sized tour buses behind to deliver you straight into the heart of Washington.more...
Monuments by Night From USD 47.00
See Washington,DC in a whole new light! Hop aboard our open-air electric vehicles for an enlightening journey through the most iconic monuments and memorials by night. We’ll show you the majestic splendor of the Washington Monument, Lincoln, FDR, and Jefferson Memorials, and many more. You’ve never seen Washington quite like this!more...
Independence Day - Fourth of July
[ 04/07/2015 ]
Independence Day, aka the 4th of July, aka the biggest party of the year!National Cherry Blossom Festival
[ 20/03/2016 - 13/04/2016 ]
Visit Washington DC for its annual National Cherry Blossom Festival.more events...
Jazz in Washington DC
more... more stories...
04 Sep 2014 Thanks to George and Kate(?), my family and I had the tour of a lifetime. We truly appreciated all that we learned in the amount of time we learned it. We loved the sites, though we've seen them a time or two, but to have someone take us and tell us more than we knew was a great pleasure. They were on time, dressed for the occasion and really nice and the price was just right. If we tour again, it will be with Urban Adventures.
23 May 2014 Our guide made the trip worthwhile and her expert driving a cool electric car made it exciting!
10 Jan 2014 George was great, very friendly and knowledgeable. He was an excellent guide and we learnt heaps about Washington.
20 Nov 2013 too numerous! See tripadvisor for my comments on these two amazing tours.
George & Judy, owners of Washington, DC Urban Adventures, also operate Annapolis Urban Adventures.
We're looking forward to sharing Washington, DC with you. Our Washington, DC Urban Adventures guides love the area as much as we do, and are looking forward to showing you the many unique features that make DC truly special.
Feels like: 24°C
Passing clouds. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.