Urban Adventurers: Volume 8
A look into the life and times of Urban Adventures’ Guides
Juliana, Washington DC
We had the pleasure of speaking with Juliana to ask her 7 questions for all of you to get to know her better! Read on to learn more about this Urban Adventurer!
1. Where are you from?
I’m from Bogotá, Colombia but I also grew up in Long Island, New York. I’ve been in DC now for 5 years.
2. What are a few of your hobbies and interests outside of guiding?
I love going to museums, biking, and making art.
3. What drew you to Urban Adventures?
I have a strong passion for history and interacting with people! Also as a foodie, I appreciate we have food tours!
4. What are some of DC’s best hidden gems?
We have beautiful bike trails along the Potomac River and we have 8 restaurants of Jose Andres!
5. What’s a good way for visitors to spend a day in the city?
I think starting with walking around the national mall, then doing lunch around Chinatown/7th st NW. After, I would got to the National Portrait Gallery/Smithsonian American Art Museum. For dinner I’d go to Georgetown and after I would chill at the Lincoln at night!
6. What’s your dream travel experience anywhere in the world?
Italy! I haven’t been to Europe yet and that’s for sure the first country I want to visit!
7. What’s your Hogwarts house and why?
I am a Ravenclaw! I love reading and history, plus blue is my favorite color. It just makes sense!
To keep up with Juliana and her adventures, follow Washington DC Urban Adventures on Instagram!