Total DC Tour: American Art & DC Unveiled
Discover the history behind Washington DC’s National Mall on board our all-electric Red Roadster before enjoying a quirky tour of one of the most historic buildings and museums in the city: the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery.
Best of DC Tour Highlights
- Explore the world-famous National Mall with a local guide
- See the Washington Monument and the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials
- Feel like royalty as you’re escorted ’round the city in our all-electric Red Roadsters
- Explore the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Hear the interesting and sometimes scandalous stories of famous (and not so famous) Americans
- Experience two great tours in one afternoon
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, and transportation in an all-electric seven-passenger Red Roadster vehicle
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, shopping and souvenirs, and tips and gratuities for your guide
- Duration: 5 hours
- Meeting point: L’Enfant Metro Stop. Meet at the corner of 7th St. & Maryland Ave. SW (also known as C St., Maryland Ave. comes C St. on the other side of 7th St.).
- Starting time: 2.00 PM
- Ending point: The National Portrait Gallery & Smithsonian American Art Museum, 800 G St NW, Washington, D.C. 20001.
- Full Itinerary
Join us for an unconventional tour of one of our favorite museums in Washington DC. Everyone knows American television shows, movies, music, and fashion but let’s celebrate one of the oldest, yet under-appreciated, forms of American culture: Art.
Visit the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum to learn about important American artists and some of the unsung heroes in our country’s story. We’re going to talk about a local janitor’s 14-year masterpiece, which was found by chance in his garage, discuss the American dream, check out the original Singer sewing machine, and learn about the power players throughout US history.
We’ll use the prism of American art to view the unique story of this country and talk about its origins, its awkward adolescent period, and the past century where it has truly come into its own.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your guide for more hints and tips on what else there is to see, do and eat during your stay in wonderful Washington DC.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide.
Exclusions: Food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, and tips/gratuities for your guide.
Dress standard: Please dress comfortably
Your Trip: For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of six and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of six are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of six. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.